GRANT PROPOSAL FORMAT
Please include the application form and the following information in your proposal:
PROPOSAL SUMMARY: (one page)
Please summarize the purpose of your organization, the reason your organization is requesting this grant, the anticipated outcomes and the benefit to the Montclair community.
PROPOSAL NARRATIVE: (up to two pages)
- A brief summary of your organization’s history, mission and goals, including current programs and accomplishments and your staffing structure
- A description of the program or project for which funds are being sought, including the following:
- Is this a new initiative or an ongoing part of the organization
- Statement of needs/problems addressed and the constituency served
- Your relationships with organizations that address similar needs
- A brief explanation of how your organization measures the effectiveness of the program/project. Describe your criteria for a successful program and how your organization assesses its results.
- If you have received funding from the Montclair Foundation in the last two years, a brief report documenting the use of grant funds including applicable assessments.
- Financial Information
- Most recent audited financial statement or Form 990
- A current organizational and project budget that identifies all sources of revenue and expenses for the program or project
- A list of other sources of funding that are being solicited and your status to date with those sources
- Other materials
- Your current IRS determination letter indicating 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
- List of your current Board of Directors